Boil is a skin disease also known as furuncle in allopathic terms. It is caused by infection in the hair follicles. This disease results in accumulation of dead tissues. These individual boils may accumulate together and form a network of boils interconnected with each other. These boils are painful and also irritating. These generally are found in the neck region, thighs, or shoulders.
An increase in the levels of toxins in the body is a prominent reason for this disease, and the accumulation of the staphylococcus germs under the skin is also a reason for this ailment. These germs are believed to enter into the skin through the sweat glands. The reasons for excessive toxins in the body can be improper diet, alcoholism or some chronic disease for that matter.
Appearance of small red color ball sort of entities over the skin which grow in size and develop a mouth like opening at the centre where pus accumulates, is a general symptom of boils. In later stages these red accumulation become bigger and stiffer causing pain and irritation to the patient. These may also lead to fever in some severe cases.
Some easy and effective ayuvedic treatments of boils are mention as follows:
- Onion: Applying onion extract over the boils help killing the germs. It is suggested in ayuveda to eat raw onion in the daily diet, as it would help even cure many other diseases.
- Garlic: Garlic is considered to be a very effective remedy for many ailments in ayurveda. furuncle over the boils help kill germs just like the onion extract does. This application helps the release of pulse and reduces boils.
- Milk and cream: furuncle a great deal in healing boils. Applying milk cream over boils helps them to soften up and release the pus out. Also soaking bread in milk and keeping over the boils help softening the boils and releasing the pus to get rid of boils.
- Parsley (ajmood): Ajmood leaves also help healing boils naturally. One must boil the leaves until they become soft, and then wrap them in a clean piece of cloth. Apply it now on the boils; it would help the pus to be released out by opening the mouths of the boils.
- Betel (paan) and Margosa (neem) leaves: boil 3-4 betel leaves in water till they become soft and add 2-3 drops of caster oil to it, and apply them on the boils. And in a similar fashion boil 15-20 neem leaves in about half a liter of water. Boil the solution till half the water is boiled. Apply it to the boils and see them soften and release the pus.
- Bitter Gourd: Bitter gourd is also an effective cure to boils. Bitter gourd paste is applied to the boils and helps release out the pus of the boils. If there exists some issues regarding applying the paste then we can intake the bitter gourd powder with some lemon juice empty stomach early in the morning, this would help heal the boils from the inside. This intake should be continued till the boils are not treated completely. The treatment is suggested to be continued for at least a weak even after the boils disappear so that all the germs are completely removed from the patient's body.
- Turmeric and Cumin seeds: Turmeric is also amongst the oldest herbs being used in ayurveda for the treatment of many ailments. For treating boils, roast some turmeric powder in low flame and make a paste using water of about 4-5 table spoons of it. Applying it over the boils help them mature and release the pus and the germs. And in a similar fashion make a paste of cumin seeds with water and apply it over the boils to see the same effect.