Treatment for Dysentery - Herbal and Home Remedies
What are the treatment of dysentery ?
The person suffering from bloody diarrhea (dysentery) needs immediate medical help. Treatment often starts with an oral rehydrating solution - water mixed with salt and carbohydrates, drinking this solution will help you in preventing dehydration (which may be fatal if it occurs).
Some Herbal Remedies for treatment of dysentery are:
- Piyushvalli Ras - You may take one-two tablets of Piyushvalli Ras with roasted bael fruit and jaggery, two times daily.
- Kadukkai Thole - Take two grams of powdered kadukkai thole (Rind of the Terminalia Chebula) with honey.
- Kutajaghana Vati - One or two tablets of Kutajaghana Vati, when taken 2-3 times daily with water, is useful in treatment of dysentery.
- Bael Fruit - Bael Fruit is also very good for dysentery. It is used when nothing works, the most useful and effective remedy which has been tried by many and proved successful too.
- Sheng Jiang and Brown Sugar - Preparations made from sheng jiang and brown sugar are useful in treating dysentery.
- Dried Mango Fruit - One teaspoonful of dried mango fruit when taken with butter milk two times a day acts as a good curative for dysentery.
- Pudin Hara - Add a few drops of Pudin Hara or Amritdhara (mint essence or peppermint) to half a cup of water and drink it 3-4 times daily.
- Aloe Vera & Rosehip - Aloe Vera and Rosehip are also good for tissue repairing after dysentery.
- Rasaparpati - 150 gms of Rasaparpati may also be given to the person suffering from dysentery, three times daily.
- Pomegranate Seeds and Rasins - Make a paste of - dry pomegranate seeds (Anardana), Raisin (Kishmis) and a small amount of salt. This is a very effective herbal remedy for curing dysentery and has prooved to be successfully many a times.
- A tea of star grass leaves is also good for dysentery.
- Mangoosthan Fuit - One Mangoosthan (Mangostain) fruit can be taken twice a day as a good remedy for dysentery.
- Garlic - Garlic is also useful as a herbal remedy for curing dysentery. One garlic capsule taken three times daily is usually sufficient for curing mild cases of dysentery. However, upto 4 capsules can be taken daily in some severe cases.
- Vetpalai Seeds - Take One teaspoon full of powder of Vetpalai seeds (Wrightiatinctoria) with honey two times a day.
- Some other good herbs for dysentery may include - Bach Flowers, Impatiens, Chestnut Bud and Crab Apple. These herbs will most probably recover your from this parasite attack when taken daily for 6 weeks.
Some Home Remedies for Curing Dysentery Fast
In case of dysentery, some of the home remedies are:
- Lemon Juice - Lemon juice is good for treating ordinary type of dysentery. A few lemons, peeled and sliced were added to 250 ml of water and the mixture was boiled for a few minutes. Now after that the mixture can be drunk atleast 3 times daily.
- Mint and Ginger Juice - You can also drink a mixture of 1 tsp mint juice, 1/2 tsp ginger juice, and 1 tsp honey.
- Onion - Small pieces of onions mixed with curd can be given to the suffering person upto six times daily.
- Basil Leaves - Take 5-6 basil (tulsi) leaves (chopped), 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, some black pepper in 3 table spoon of curd, and mix them properly. Now eat this mixture atleast 4 times daily for one week.
- Nut Grass - Take some tubercles of nut grass and then powder them properly and mix in them fresh ginger juice and honey. This mixture can be taken in parts of 20 gm, three times in a day.
- Papaya - Grate one raw papaya. Add 3 cups of water into it and boil it for near about 10 mins. Now strain the mixture and finish the water in one day.