What is a Asthma ?
Asthma is a debilitating and potentially deadly chronic inflammatory disease of the airway which mainly arises from allergies. You may characterize it by sudden recurring attacks of labored breathing, chest constriction and coughing. It may conditionally characterized by paroxysmal attacks of bronchospasm causing difficulty in breathing. One way to manage asthma is to stay away from triggers.
What are the causes of asthma?
Asthma attacks may be caused by dust, pollens, foods, climatic changes, animals like cats ,dogs etc., some kind of bacteria, emotional upsets, food and indiscretions, smoking etc. When the attack of asthma is accounted, the patient may not be able to breathe in and out because of congestion of chest, air passages and throat.
Genes are passed from parents to children and although there is no specific gene that causes asthma.The cause of asthma is unknown till date. The most common allergens are microscopic droppings of dust mites and cockroaches, airborne pollens and molds, plants and plant proteins and enzymes.
Occupational asthma is caused to the workers breathing at work that produce a hypersensitive state in the airways - the small tubes that carry air in and out of the lungs - and trigger a subsequent response in them.
Work related asthma may include substances in the workplace that irritate the airways of individuals with pre-existing asthma. Asthma may develop to a person of any age. If you're younger than 30, then you can develop asthma due to allergies. Many people older than 30 with asthma are also allergic to airborne particles.
In most cases though, asthma results from a combination of allergic and non allergic responses. You may react one or more of the following triggers:
What are the symptoms of asthma ?
It is very important to recognize all the symptoms of asthma, if you want to cure it fast. Knowing about the early stages of asthma may prove to be helpful in treating asthma. The more early the treatment is started, the more effective it is. If severe symptoms are present, it would be better if you begin an appropriate treatment as soon as possible.
Some of the Signs and Symptoms of Asthma are given below:
When your breathing passage is congested, an attack is triggered. The attack can come on suddenly or slowly over and interval of several days or hours. Asthma symptoms can occur at any time of day - day or at night. If they happen at night, they may disturb your sleep.
Some Ayurvedic and Home Remedies for Treatment of Asthma
Some of the ayurvedic and home remedies available for treating asthma are listed below:
1) Grind to powder form - 2 gms each of Nagar and Bharangi and mix them in water to prepare a paste which should be taken, with warm lukewarm water, twice daily.
2) Mix 125gms of Shukti Bhasma, 1gm of Trikuti Churna and 2gms of Vasa Churna. Now take 3 doses of this mixture at an interval of 6 hours daily, with honey.
3) 200 mg of Sitopladi Churna, 150 mg of powder of liqourice, 50 mg of borax powder (purified) may be mixed with 2 tea spoons of honey and take it three times daily.
Some Home remedies for asthma ?
1) Mix 1 teaspoon honey with 1 teaspoon of dalchini powder and have it before going to bed at night. This will help you in preventing the attack of asthma at night.
2) Boil carom ajwain in water and inhale the steam.
© 2005-09 Ayurvedic-Medicines.org. All rights reserved.